As far as I know, the swine flu is not (yet) a reason to barricade yourself in your room. But it doesn't hurt to prepare yourself. The precautions to protect yourself from this virus are the same you would take to protect yourself from any flu.
H1N1 Flu Virus (Human Swine Flu) has been reported in Canada, Mexico and the United States and several other countries in Europe and the South Pacific . The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is working collaboratively with Mexican and American officials to further investigate this situation.
Governments around the world and the World Health Organization are engaged to investigate and address this situation.
Cases of H1N1 Flu Virus (Human Swine Flu) have been reported in Canada.
PHAC continues to work with federal, provincial and international governments to address this situation, and will share more information with Canadians as it becomes available.
How to Protect Yourself
- The Public Health Agency advises Canadians to:
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water, or use hand sanitizer
- Cough and sneeze in your arm or sleeve
- Get your annual flu shot
- Keep doing what you normally do, but stay home if sick
- Check http://www.fightflu.ca/ for more information
- Check http://www.voyage.gc.ca/ for travel notices and advisories
- Talk to a health professional if you experience severe flu-like symptoms
For more information visit the Public Health Agency of Canada.
Topics for Discussion
Do you think the swine flu is going to become like the SARS epidemic?
Source: publichealth.gc.caBlog Bookmark Gadgets