Custom Search

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Recommended Read: Princess Bride

Best Blogger Tips
I just read this book and I loved it. I saw the movie when I was a kid and it has been my favourite ever since. I found the book on my parents' book shelf and finally decided to read it. It's not the type of genre I usually read, but I think because I loved the movie so much, it was easier to enjoy it.

The movie follows the book pretty closely. Most of the actors' lines are straight from the book. The Princess Bride was originally written by a Florinese author, Morgenstern. William Goldman took the book and edited so all of the "good parts" were left. The books begins with some background about why he chose to edit this book. Then throughout the book he comments on which parts he was skipping.

The parts that Goldman wrote made me not like him. And, in my opinion, he took out parts that I would like to read. I would love to read the original book but it is almost impossible to find.

Regardless, it was a great book. I can tell when I really like a book because I read it in only a few days, even when I think I don't have time to read. Most books take me a while to read (like most recently, The Strain) because I don't make as much an effort to read them.

This is a fantasy book about love, princesses, princes, pirates, giants, fighting and more. It's great for all ages, male or female.

Click here to read more about the book and plot.

Other Recommended Reads

Cold Skin

Snowflower and the Secret Fan

The Host Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Bookmark Gadgets

1 comment:

  1. The Princess Bride is presented as Goldman's abridgment of an older version by "S. Morgenstern", which was originally a satire of the excesses of European royalty. The book, in fact, is entirely Goldman's work. Morgenstern and the "original version" are fictional and used as a literary device. [from Wikipedia]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...