Custom Search

Friday, January 2, 2009

Keeping an Organized Schedule

Best Blogger Tips
There is nothing worse then going to class when everyone one has an assignment to hand in and you forgot all about it! Agendas allow you to keep a record of important due dates, test dates and to do lists. This way tests, and the like, won’t creep up on you unexpectedly.

I highly recommend writing a detailed schedule for everything in your life. If you are not used to keeping an agenda, just follow these guidelines and you’ll have no problem getting into it.

Buying an Agenda: Look for ones that have spiral binding so that it is easier to keep them open on the page you need. Make sure they have the required months for the school year and are of the correct year. Buy one that has a lot of space to write in. There are some agendas made specifically for students. I bought one called the Original Student Calendar a few days ago. I got it for half price (boxing day sales) and it looks like it will be very useful.



It also includes pages for recording your expenses, months at a glance, timetable page, goals, contact info, and grades.
Creating your Own: Last semester I made my own agenda. It worked really well and I was going to use it again (with a few modifications) but I found the Original Student Calendar and decided to try it out. Try making your own (on the computer) if you cannot find an agenda that you like or you want to save some money.
Keeping it Organized: The info you write is the most crucial part to being organized. In the "Appointments and Assignments" section of my agenda I will write that a test or group meeting takes place on that day or if there is an assignment due that day. In the "General Study" section I will write tasks that need to be completed by next week (i.e. print slideshow notes for the next class, read the next chapter). I will also write specific goals that need to be completed that day, like: complete research for the first argument of the essay. The "Rest of Your Life" section will be for other things I need to do or want to remember, outside of school.


Completing a Task: You can cross things off your list as you complete them. I find that doing this allows you to see that you are making progress and accomplishing your goals. And it makes it easier to see what still needs to be completed.


With so many things to do and the assignments piling up, you will find that keeping an organized schedule will allow you to manage your stress with more ease. Winter semesters begin soon for most programs so don’t wait to get started. If you have any questions leave a comment and I will reply ASAP.
Discussion: What techniques do you find are crucial to maintaining an organized lifestyle?
Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Bookmark Gadgets

1 comment:

  1. I liked this agenda so much that I bought it again. It is definitely my favourite. Almost makes me wish i was a student next year too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...